The Club Membership fee for 2022/23 is £26 which includes the £19.50 affiliation fee for Welsh Athletics and the small administration fee cost to Stripe.
Check out some of our crew in our Missing Trainer video
You can request membership online by using our Google Form, we will then send you an email link to pay … just follow this link to get the ball rolling: Sign up for Builth & District RC Membership.
Please note “By becoming a member of the club, you are automatically agreeing to the codes of practice as stated by Welsh Athletics – this relates to the codes of conduct, to the rules of UK Athletics and to adhere to all anti-doping rules and regulations.”
Membership of Builth & District Running Club gives you access to:
- one-to-one coaching with Bob Smith
- Wednesday night running groups with like minded people of a similar ability.
- Tuesday night track training (Summer) or hill training (Winter) sessions with our professional coach, Bob Smith
- Brecon track session once a month
- free events and social gatherings
- free entry to Herefordshire cross-country summer and winter league races
- 10% discount at sportshoes.com and free delivery when you spend over £50. Contact a member of the committee for the code.
- A Sian Marie – Sports and Remedial Massage Therapy for £30 instead of £35 (nearly 15% 🤯) and Buy 5 and get the 6th 1/2 price
- We have teamed up with Freedom Leisure Powys.
Monthly DD = £41.50. Running club £35.50. (saving £6.00 per month)Annual = £420.00 . Running club £355.00. (saving £65.00 per year)
- 15% at Runner’s Need, Cotswold and Snow and Rock. Exclusions do apply. Link takes you to the benefit form and then contact a member of the committee for the code.
- 10% off at Up and Running with code CLUB10
In addition, affiliation to Welsh Athletics gives you:
- insurance cover when you are involved in athletics activities (training & racing)
- access to London Marathon places through club ballot
- chance to be selected for Wales.
- 10% off at Run and Become
- 10% off Moti which is situated in Cardiff, Llanelli, Cwmbran, Swansea and Bristol
- 10% Discount on Physique Sports Products – Click here to view their full range Use CODE: WA10 to get your discount
- 10% off Podiatry appointments costs with ACE Feet in Motion with proof of membership
- 20% off Shokz Headphones and LED Lenser Head torches via Sports Rewards with CODE: WA20
- 15% off Runderwear products with code: WA15
- 10% off Orthotix products with CODE: WELSHATH10
- Free entry in to Swansea 5k on May 29th with code WA5KFREE. Saving a whopping £26.50 (including admin fee)
- In addition, affiliated club registered members also receive a £2 discount on race entry fees across a number of licensed road race events. AND a massive £10 off Cardiff Half Marathon entry.
- An individual athlete profile linked to the Power of 10 / Run Britain.
Any issues please email us at email@example.com
Club vests (£15) and t-shirts (£17) are available to buy from club Kit Lady Gunvor Troelsen. We also have buffs, hoodies and baseball caps to name just a few.
Our full club kit is available to view here
BUILTH AND DISTRICT RUNNING CLUB – LONDON MARATHON BALLOT DRAW
As an affiliated club with UK Athletics, we get allocated London Marathon places, number of places dependant on amount of members we have at the time. To be able to go into our club draw, a number of rules have to be followed.
1. Be a current first claim member of Builth and District RC and have been a member since December 31st, the previous calendar year. No social or second claim club members are eligible for the draw.
2. Have been unsuccessful in the current year’s London Marathon ballot – proof to be provided via a copy / screenshot of the confirmation or rejection email.
3. Be an “active” member of the club. We class active as regularly attending training, and/or representing the club at any of the XC, or wearing the club colours for at least two races over the previous 12 months.
4. Not have been eligible for a “Good for Age” or “Championship” place in this year’s London Marathon.
5. Not have previously ran as a winner of a club place within the past 5 years.
6. Not have previously ran the London Marathon in the last 3 years.
7. Must be physically able to run the marathon and be willing to follow a training programme set by our club coach Bob Smith.
8. The winner of the draw must run in our club kit.